Mark Cowan, the ex-Facebook sales director, talks about his passion for growing entrepreneurial businesses. Mark joined Facebook in 2008 as employee number two outside the USA. During a 11 year career at Facebook, he was instrumental in commercial growth in Europe, the Middle East and the Asia Pacific markets.
Mark shares his unique story about what it was like in the early days of Facebook, from setting up sales processes, developing products, and training global teams to hanging out with Mark Zuckerberg. We discuss what it takes to thrive in companies that are experiencing exponential growth.
In the second part of our conversation, Mark talks about his career after Facebook as an entrepreneur, Angel investor and his recent appointment as CEO of the Regent Group, a nascent Spanish company that’s rapidly building a portfolio of F45 fitness training franchises in Europe.
Mark has a warm and gregarious personality and is a natural storyteller, truly a man on a mission so strap in for a roller-coaster episode of Purpose to Performance.
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- Career satisfaction comes from finding a company with a culture that suits your personality and values
- Having a clear mission that your team buys into is hugely motivating
- Move fast, break things, and fail forward
- Don’t feedback, feed-forward
- Selling is about creating solutions to solve customers’ problems
- Everyone wants to buy, you just need to explain why they want to buy from you
- Managing growth, the people who got you here may not be the right people for the next phase of growth
- Look out for the “resters and vesters” – employees who bask in past successes and are coasting
- Never under-estimate the transferability of your knowledge and skills
- The power of an exponential growth mindset
- People with ADHD have unique strengths
About my guest:
Mark Cowan is the CEO of Regiment Group, an investor in Benditas Drinks and OneYearNoBeer.com, the owner of F-24 Training, Singapore, and co-founder of High Life Properties Mallorca.
I am a business and leadership coach who helps business owners, senior executives, and young professionals become more effective leaders and optimise their performance.
For more information about my business coaching services and to take your leadership to the next level, go to andrewclemence.com
For more information about the podcast, go to Purpose To Performance
About our sponsor:
Purpose to Performance is powered by Magic Mind, the world’s first productivity shot.
I personally recommend you try this amazing nootropic energy drink that helps you do more and stress less. Go to https://magicmind.co/ptp and use the promo code: PTP.